Saved to Sin No More

Author: TheRobinsons /

All day I have been pondering the words of a song by Thomas Cowper. The song is There is a Fountain Filled with Blood, and the words which have been penetrating my heart so deeply... "There is a fountain filled with blood drawn from Emmanuel’s veins; And sinners plunged beneath that flood lose all their guilty stains."

I cannot but be caught in the wonder of what those words mean. That a sinner such as I, and chief thereof, would be freed from guilt and shame through the precious blood of my Lord... the lamb of God whosse blood is the atonement for my sin... the appeasement of the just wrath of God...

And as I read on, Cowper's song brings greater tears of joy when I read this line... "Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood shall never lose its power Till all the ransomed church of God be saved, to sin no more." How marvelous and wonderful is the great love of our God and King! Not only have the sin and stains been lost within that precious flood, but that powerful element which cleanses us - Christ's blood, shed on Calvary - shall never lose its power... til all the ransomed church of God be saved, to sin no more... Oh how great a salvation is ours who are called according to the will of God. May we who are without merit, who least deserve the grace of God, elect unto His purpose and for His glory... may we never cease to be amazed and awestruck by this the salvation of God! Amen!

0 comments: